- If this is a CRD/SQL-RD/MARS Activation or Deactivation, these instructions do not apply. Please see the CSS Software Activation/Deactivation instructions here.
- Please ensure you have your customer number and the correct name of the server you will be activating/deactivating Galaxi on. You will be unable to proceed without them.
Occasionally, it is necessary to manually deactivate a server/machine when that server no longer has an internet connection, is not accessible in order to deactivate from within the software, or your current Galaxi license has expired. In cases such as these, please follow the steps below to manually deactivate Galaxi on the server.
1. In the toolbox above, enter your customer number in the Customer Number field.
2. Check the box next to Is this a portal deactivation? and click Submit.
3. Next to Server Name, you should now see a list of all servers that have Galaxi activated and the date in which that server was activated through our system.
4. Select the server you wish to deactivate.
5. Click Deactivate.
Congratulations! This server has been successfully deactivated. You may now activate another instance of Galaxi.
Anytime a Galaxi license runs out, a manual activation of the software must be completed so that Galaxi will work on the new license for another year. To perform a manual Galaxi activation, follow the steps below.
1. On the server where you will be activating Galaxi, browse to C: > inetpub > www root > CSS Portal > files > Activation.
2. Look for a License key file.
Note: License key files have a LIC file type and the name is a long string of letters and numbers.
3. Delete the license key.
Note: There may be more than one license key file displayed. Delete all that are shown.
4. Under the Activation heading in the toolbox above, enter your customer number in the Customer Number field.
5. Enter the name of the server/machine exactly as it appears on the server/machine itself.
Note: Failure to enter the server/machine name correctly will result in our software being unable to activate correctly. If you enter an incorrect name, you will have to manually deactivate the incorrect server name following the instructions listed above and perform the manual activation again with the correct server/machine name.
6. Check the box next to Is this a portal activation? and click Activate Server.
7. You should now see a Your Activation was successful! message and two new buttons: Download License and Activate Another. Click the Download License button. This will download the license key file our software needs to register that the activation was successful.
8. Copy the license file that was downloaded in Step 7.
9. Navigate back to the path C: > inetpub > www root > CSS Portal > files > Activation. Paste the license file into this location.
Note: Do NOT rename the license file!! This will make Galaxi unable to recognize it as a valid license, and you will be unable to activate.
10. Launch the Registration and Activation Wizard.
Note: The Registration and Activation Wizard can be found by clicking Start and typing it into the search bar. Additionally, it can be found by navigating to C: > Program Files (x86) > ChristianSteven > CRD/SQL-RD/MARS and launching the RegWizX.exe.
11. You should now see a Welcome to the Registration Wizard screen. Click Next.
12. Enter your Customer Number and License Number in the applicable fields. Ensure the Server Name matches what you entered in Step 5.
Note: If the server name does not match, you will not be able to proceed with the activation.
13. Click Register.
14. To the right of the Activate button, click the carrot (v). Then, click Manual Activation.
15. Browse to the C: > inetpub > www root > CSS Portal > files > Activation location and select the license file you pasted in in Step 9. Then, click Open.
13. Click Activate. You should see an Activation succeeded pop-up message.
14. Verify that the information listed is correct. Then, click Next.
15. Click Finish.
Congratulations! This server has been successfully activated.